There are 50 million Americans, including over 16 million children, who do not have enough to eat on any given day. Luckily Sodexo’s global STOP Hunger program engages entire Sodexo communities in the fight against hunger.
During Sodexo Servathon every April, we encourage you to get involved in service projects in your community to take action against hunger. You can dedicate a few minutes, a few hours or an entire day. Every action counts towards the success of Servathon and, more importantly, the national fight against hunger.
As we engage as a team we hope to foster the next generation of leaders. Think about the young people in your life and bring them with you. You can teach them about the problems we are facing as a nation and teach them how they can be part of the solution. Engaging youth builds a strong foundation for the long-term success of anti-hunger movement.
Join in Servathon and share your story.
April 1 April 8 April 15 April 22 April 29
There are endless ways you can join in Servathon. Check out the Activity Grid for fun ideas.
- Raise awareness. Reach out to your network of colleagues, friends and neighbors, and share information about hunger in America.
- Raise funds. Do it as an individual or have a fundraising event. You can direct the funds to Sodexo Foundation to fight childhood hunger or to an organization of your choice.
- Engage youth. Youth engagement is key to ending hunger in America. They are the future leaders of the anti-hunger movement, so the earlier they become passionate about it, the better! So, how do you connect with youth? Ask your kids, grandkids, nieces, nephews, and their friends. Ask your customers in K-12 or college. Ask young people in your community, e.g. youth groups, YMCA’s, boy and girl scouts, etc.
Share your Servathon story. Get featured in the Servathon Weekly. Win a $1,000 grant.
- Order t-shirts. Free Servathon shirts are available if you commit to a Servathon activity, share your story through the Servathon Survey, and submit at least two photos (with release forms). Unfortunately our free stock of Servathon t-shirts has been depleted, however, shirts are available to purchase through Summit Marketing.
- Win a $1,000 grant. Do you want to win one of five $1,000 grants for the hunger-relief organization of your choice?
Criteria for grant raffle:
(1) Submit your Servathon activity through the Servathon Survey by May 15.
(2) Activity must be from the Activity Grid (categories: 1-3 hours/more than 5 hours).
(3) At least two action photos with release forms must be submitted (see sample photos). Grant monies donated by French’s Foodservice. Sodexo Foundation will select five qualified winners at random.
- Make it to the news. Each week during Servathon there is a chance your Servathon story could be included in the Servathon Weekly, a fun weekly recap shared on Facebook every Monday in April. Submit your story through the Servathon Survey.
- Share on social media. Use social media to increase engagement and impact. Tell us what you’re doing during Servathon. Like Sodexo Foundation on Facebook and when you share your activity, tag @Sodexo Foundation. Don’t forget to follow us on twitter and tag us in your tweets too @STOPHungerUSA #endinghunger.
All Servathon activities must be submitted through the Servathon Survey. Don’t forget to recognize the efforts of your team with a customizable Servathon Certificate (English | Spanish).
Sodexo and French’s® are teaming up to fight hunger during Sodexo Servathon. In addition to the $5,000 French’s® will donate to Sodexo Foundation to recognize employee engagement with the grant raffle, order select items between now and April 30, 2013, and French’s will make a donation, up to $10,000, to Sodexo Foundation to help end childhood hunger.