skip to navigation |
skip to content
| skip to search box
Helping you keep your hard-earned money at tax time.
- W-2s will be postmarked by Jan. 31, 2013, in accordance to IRS regulations. Employees will receive their W-2s at their home address on file as of Dec. 7, 2012.
- 2012 W-2s will be available electronically on Employee Self Service (ESS) after Feb. 1, 2013. This online W-2 can be used for filing annual income taxes.
- All Sodexo employees, as well as employees who have left the company, can access their W-2s on ESS. Information about ESS is on www.iamsodexo.com > Employee Self Service.
- Copies of W-2s from 2008 through 2011 can be downloaded from ESS at any time. Go to ESS > Pay & Taxes tab > Annual Statements.
- Copies of your 2007 or earlier W-2s can be obtained by completing the W-2 Action Form for 2007 and Prior Years and faxing to the number provided on the form.
Call the Sodexo Employee Service Center at 877 PAY SDXO (877 729 7396) with questions you may have about your W-2s.
New Reporting on Your W-2
New this year, your 2012 end-of-year federal income tax statement includes the cost of your health care coverage provided through Sodexo. If you have health care coverage under the Sodexo Medical Plan, the amount you pay and the amount Sodexo pays on your behalf will appear in Box 12, Code DD, on your 2012 W-2 for the U.S. or W-2GU for Guam. If you are in Puerto Rico, the information will appear on Form 499R-2/W-2PR in Box 6A. In general, the amount reported is not taxable income.
Important NOTICE: You May Receive Multiple W-2s
Employees transferring between different pay groups during the tax year will receive a W-2 form for each pay group. Please see your manager for details or contact Sodexo Employee Service Center at 877 PAY SDXO (877 729 7396).
As part of Sodexo's commitment to providing solutions for better living for our employees, tax preparation resources and discounts are available.
- Sodexo LifeWorks provides free financial consultations, articles and worksheets to simplify income tax filing. Eligible employees can go to www.LifeWorks.com (obtain user ID and passwords or phone number from your manager)
- Sodexo employee receive 25% discount for Online Tax Preparation from H&R Block Tax Services through www.LifeWorks.com (get user ID and password from your manager), select Discounts on the home page and then click Financial Discounts from the left navigation.
- Sodexo employees can save on tax preparation with Jackson Hewitt®. Use the Jackson Hewitt Sodexo Employee Coupon and receive $30 off the cost of tax prep. To find the office nearest you, visit www.JacksonHewitt.com/Sodexo or call 800 234 1040.
- Tax Preparation Checklist to Help You Save Time and Money
Important Tax Information for You
- Earned Income Tax Credit - The Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) provides up to $5,751 in tax refunds to eligible working families in 2011. The EITC is offered by the federal government. Visit www.irs.gov/eitc for more information.